Mend Vehicles, Vans

Vehicles, Vans
Find out how to mend it for free.

Ask Question


Mend Mend Vehicles, Vans

Changing Driver side Shock Absorber On Ford Transit T260 HELP PLEASE!?

Dear all I am currently on a euro trip in the south of france and the spring around my driver side front shock absorber has snaped and caved in!

I have friends local to the area helping me search scrappy's for a replacement.

I imagine i need to replace the entire shock, but is there anything I should be aware of or any difficulties i might come across while changing it over?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,


January 2012
if you dont have spring compressors then you may be better just changing the whole strut assy if you can source one from a scrappy,you have to pull back the mat on top of the driverside foot well to get to the nuts there,think they are 13mm,not too bad a job to do if you are just replacing the strut.

January 2012


Find out how to mend just about anything for free repair help, information and advice.