Mend D.I.Y, Toilets

Mend D.I.Y, Toilets
Find out how to mend it for free.

Ask Question

All > Toilets

Mend D.I.Y, Toilets

How can I sort out the flushing of my old Royal Doulton toilet?

The siphonic action on my old Royal Doulton toilet (probably installed in the late 1960s) has stopped working and the bowl overfills before slowly draining away. Disconnecting the cisterm I found that the donut washer (internal hole diameter 55mm) has disintegrated and needs replacing. Is it possible to get a replacement rubber seal and, if so, from where? I have tried searching the internet but so far been unsuccessful in finding a supplier. Your help would be much appreciated.

Peter A
July 2017
Just find a local plumbers merchant.
The fact that the bowl is emptying dlowly suggests there is a blockage. You may like to investigate further.

July 2017

How to mend ...

Find out how to mend just about anything for free repair help, information and advice.

Can you help?

Are you an expert who can help answer questions? Click here to see the unanswered questions for each category.